I learned several years ago that you don’t apologize for not blogging. While I know some bloggers still do, it’s something I gave up awhile ago. While I always hope that my words will reach out and resonate with someone, ultimately I remind myself that I initially started this space for me over 7 years ago and if I don’t stay true to my authenticity, then I’ll never reach someone. With that said, sometimes being authentic means taking 2 unexpected weeks off blogging. But then again, I was taking rest.
I actually have a handful of posts that I’m excited to write, publish and share with all of you coming up but things are getting pretty hectic around here and last week I was really struggling to keep my anxiety under wraps so something had to give. The good news is that I am feeling quite a bit better and ready to get back to this space with hopefully more regularity than it has been the last few weeks.
Anyway, one of the things that I find really important when my anxiety builds is to focus back on my gratitude journaling practice. I will end each day with 5 things I’m grateful for, whether they big or small, I include it all. This helps me to see the amazingly positive aspects of my life even when things may otherwise feel overwhelming. I want to bring that attitude of gratitude around the blog more often and decided it could be fun to make this a regular practice on the blog so I’m going to start including an end-of-month post reflecting on a few things I’m grateful for from that month. I hope this inspires you to bring more gratitude into your life.
Here’s what I’m grateful for in January:
- Feeling more confident in my running again, especially as I prepare to begin half marathon training next week. It can be hard to find the balance in my workouts, especially with yoga teacher training, but after a couple weeks of really good runs, I’m feeling confident that I’ll be able to feel good during my training.
- I’ve been making baby steps to get my nutrition back on track after eating more processed foods than feels good in my body. With that said, I feel like I’ve been doing this in a way where I don’t feel deprived or that I’m not allowing myself to enjoy the “splurges” when I’m out with friends from time to time.
- It’s hard to think that we’re in the final weeks of yoga teacher training and that the day will come when I don’t wake up early Sunday mornings to hang out all day with those ladies. I am so grateful for every single one of them, what they teach me, how the challenge me, and how we all support each other through this process.
- Making more memories with the boy. There were more date nights, more double dates, more movies and rock climbing, more delicious food and drinks, more laughs, fun, and sweet moments.
- Having a job with the ability to work from home (or basically anywhere), that covers my bills, and with that said, a bit more clarity on where I’m heading and how I want that aspect of my life to look.
This is hardly an exhaustive list by any means. I am grateful for friends, family, the roof over my head, the food in my fridge, my safety, my strong body…and on and on and on.
What has you feeling grateful this month?